The Path of Life

The Path of Life

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lenten prayer for renewal

"Let each one deny himself some food, drink, sleep,
needless talking and idle jesting, and look forward
to holy Easter with joy and spiritual longing."

Rule of St. Benedict, Chapter 49:7
X
Lord God of Mercy,

You call me during these 40 days of Lent to renew my commitment to you, my Creator and Redeemer. Help me, by your grace, to turn to you deep within the inner room of my heart, so that I may truly become an "ambassador for Christ" through your gifts of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving.

Speak tenderly to me during this time of reflection and renewal, and help me to remember how you have always led your people through trial and affliction to the Resurrection. Reveal and remove all obstacles that impede me from truly seeking and following you. Roll away the heavy stone from the tomb of my sinfulness.

Let the light of the Resurrected Christ radiate through my every word and action, so that all people may know your love that saves the world and gives eternal life. Raise me from the darkness; open my eyes to your light and my ears to your voice, so that my heart overflows with the inexpressible delight of love as I drink in the dawn of Easter glory.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment