The Path of Life

The Path of Life

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Catching up...

"How are things at your pad?"

Greetings! I know it's been quite some time since I posted here, but it's been an awfully busy few months. Besides the day-to-day common life and prayer of a Benedictine monk and my regular work at the Abbey Press, I have been immersed in a large book project here at the Press (more on that in a moment), classwork, oblate conference preparations, and in working with several spiritual directees. However, things seem to have eased up and evened out for now, so I plan on resuming more regular posting to the blog. Thanks for your patience and prayers.

Speaking of blogs, the book project I have been working on is a large collection of many of the posts I have had both here and at my previous blog (The Yoke of Christ) from 2009 to 2013. Most are scriptural reflections that have been adapted, rewritten, and organized into chapters under various themes dealing with the spiritual life. The title of the book is Grace in the Wilderness: Reflections on God's Sustaining Word Along Life's Journey. It is scheduled for release in November, so stay tuned on that front...

By then, hopefully, the Cincinnati Reds will be Major League Baseball World Champions. Last night, they clinched a playoff berth. Then again, so did those pesky Pirates and wearisome Cardinals. They must be dealt with in a way that is right and just. Go Reds!

No comments:

Post a Comment