The Path of Life

The Path of Life

Friday, June 22, 2012

Circle of life


My new nephew, Evan Richard Snodgrass, contemplates life as a newborn. He came into this world on Wednesday, weighing in at 7 pounds, 15 ounces. His mother--my sister Shannon--father Ty, and half-brother Ian are now all at his service.


Evan's grandmother--my mother--had to wait a while for her first grandchild, but good things come to those who wait... She is now poised to spoil him rotten (as is, admittedly, this uncle).

The name Evan, according to Fr. Harry, who prayed with Shannon and Ty to be blessed with a child when they were here at Saint Meinrad for my solemn profession in January 2011, is a form of John, as is Ian. And John--Yo-hannan in Hebrew--means "The Lord is gracious." The middle name Richard is in tribute to Shannon's (and my) father, Richard, who died in 2003.

God, indeed, is good and gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment